Monday, October 16, 2006

Paranoia

ok, I'm a paranoid person by nature, but I was trying NOT to lock any of my posts or be too vague since my family checks this blog and they definately AREN'T registered users....So I "sanitized" a few of my posts, and locked a few. I pulled out all names of the girls, translators, details of locations...Someone on FRUA asked about the "dark haired girl" in my blog and did I have any info on her....she may have meant on of the many kids in the other photos - but me being paranoid was like "you mean MY daughter? of course I have info on her...." anyways...I just don't want to jeopardize our adoption of her. She's not registered anyways....and once she is, she's ours so PLLBBBTTTT!!!! We've been working on her paperwork for a year now. We have a dossier requesting her (and our other two girls)- they will be submitted once the SDA says we can submit them. I know this has been a BIG controversy on the FRUA boards - telling these known kids that you are adopting them - pros and cons etc. SW asked me if I was going to be her Mama. Since that day, I've worked on doing just that - becoming her Mama. I've made sure that all the girls know that this is not a black and white process, that things could happen to make it take a long time, and it may not happen at all. BUT, I did tell them that they have a choice in all this. If they want to be part of our family, then they can say so - they can refuse other families (though it is not likely that our girls will ever be picked by potential families as they are older, except SW who is still youngish), they can tell their director what they want etc. Its THEIR life!!! I know they are just kids, but most of these kids have seen more intheir little lives than most of us have seen in our long lives...and they should be allowed to have a say, FOR ONCE, about their fate - in an age appropriate manner of course. will post more news later :)