Monday, December 4, 2006

New Facilitator, updated dossier, and visiting Ukrainian doctor

So, I never got around to finishing our trip story...I will eventually :) It has been SOOO busy around here. We have decided to switch to a new facilitator for our adoption - we liked Sasha, but he was not very pro-active and didn't keep us "in the loop" very much. Our new facilitator- Masha - is VERY pro-active and emails us almost daily! She is working on getting our two oldest moved to the same orphanage so that the adoption will be faster and easier. She also caught some problems in our dossier that we need to fix - better now than when we are in court in Ukraine! In summary, she is AWSOME. We have been updating all of our dossier documents as they start to expire in January. Some of the documents are "good" until June, so we are going to submit the "old" documents while we wait for the updates to come in. When the updated documents eventually arrive, we will send them in to Ukraine. But, for registration purposes, many of our documents are still good. I'm going to the Secretary of State's office today to get all the notary stamps "apostilled" as that is a required level of authentication required by the Hague convention and Ukraine. It just verifies that the notaries are indeed REAL notaries. I also need to get our GBI state police clearance renewed. This is one of the first documents to expire in January, but it is a tedious process to update - I have to go to the GBI office, pick up the fingerprinting cards, take them to the Atlanta police department to actually have the fingerprints done, then take the completed cards back to GBI and pay them $30 to run the prints through the state system...then wait 10-15 days for the results/document. A lot of driving ugh.We have also been busy preparing for a Ukrainian visitor! A pediatrician from a special needs baby house in Kharkiv Ukraine is staying in our home for a week and receiving training with Andrew at Emory hospital in pediatric neurology. I know of this doctor and his orphanage through two different charity groups - Life2Orphans and a smaller group called OrphanBaby. I've arranged for training for him at Emory, CHOA, the Marcus Institutes IA medicine clinic, and a trip to MedShare to get some free medical equipment and supplies