While we wait for definite news about our appointment date, Andrew and I are keeping busy making "lists" of things - things to pack, things to get done before the trip, things to do after we get home, etc.
Since we are moving soon - mid April - we decided to pack all of our Ukraine trip stuff into its own seperate box so we won't have to search through a dozen boxes to find everything when we are getting ready to leave. I know we will not be completely unpacked and organized before we travel, so this will help lower stress I think.
Here is our best case scenario timeline that we are hoping and praying for:
Week one:
Fly to Germany first week of June to meet up with Dieter and Carola
Drive to Ukraine - 2 days drive
Arrive in Kyiv and stay in Kyiv for 2-3 days- do some shopping for girls
Have appointment with SDA second week in June
Week two:
Drive to Kirovograd with D&C
Meet with inspector, director, etc
Visit with the girls
Week 3:
Get court date within one week of SDA appointment
Start 10 day wait
Visit with bio aunt and uncle and both girls
Possibly have older girl stay with us during 10 day wait
Week 4:
Get paperwork done
Train back to Kyiv
More paperwork and embassy visits
Hopefully this is how it works out and we get back to Atlanta by early July. Since we have our third girl coming for hosting in late June, we don't want to have her staying with the other host family for too long, but we'll be happy for any time we can spend with her.
It will be sooooo crazy with all three girls in the house for the summer. I am praying that my job will allow me to work from home during these first few months after we return. Most of my work is on the computer, so I can do it at home using the internet and telephone.
If we get back in early July, we will likely be going to Orlando July 18 or 19. My parents live there (my dad works for Disney) and Andrew has a Neurology conference in Orlando that weekend. I know it will be a bit of an overload for them, but I think Disney and the beach would be a nice treat for them before they have to buckle down for school.
